Installing map
06-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Installing map
I'm trying to install VEC_USAstates_pmap.mht on my Palm TX.

How can I accomplish this.

Thanks,
cnoset
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 06:31 AM
RE: Installing map
Map file names should have the ".pmap" extension... The "mht" suggests that you did not save the file properly when downloading from our site. Right-click on the map link and choose "save as...".

Once the map is downloaded on your machine, you have to copy this map file into the "/PALM/Programs/PrettyMap/gfx" directory on your Palm's SD card.
  1. You can use your favorite file manager on the Palm device to move map files between directories
  2. Or you can insert the SD card directly into your desktop/laptop (if you have an SD card reader device available on your computer) and then simply copy the file to the card.
11-15-2010, 10:45 PM
RE: Installing map
I think there are some errors with the downloading because if you had downloaded the file correctly, then it shouldn’t be a mht extension. You should right click and run “save as” and you can see the map being downloaded into the device. However, make sure that you do not forget to copy the given map file into the gfx directory of the palm which can be found on the memory card of the device.