Wish list for v4.x
06-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Wish list for v4.x
Hi,

This thread is about "feature requests" for future versions of PrettyMap. I have compiled a list of major improvements I would like to do for version 4.x, however, I cannot give a definite date for this release.
  • vector data stored on card
  • remove the size limit of data "attributes" for vector maps (currently, 64KB per attribute)
  • optimized (and better supported) vector maps in the spherical projection. No more wrapping of bitmaps on a sphere (as it is currently done). Instead, computing vector map coordinates on the sphere and then drawing shapes
  • GPS support
  • better labeling (points as they are now, then lines+areas - best options chosen from a list of alternatives)
  • weather locations defined more conveniently (e.g. you click anywhere on a map and check weather for closest available locations

Please post other suggestions and ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2007, 06:06 AM
RE: Wish list for v4.x
Hello Mooncoders,

First I'd like to say that I absolutely love PrettyMap for lots of its features and data. This is a serious mapping application compared to others. Your list above is already ambitious, but I'd like to add one more point - navigation through windows with keys. This isn't anything new but it would make your program more user-friendly. Just my two cents. And keep up the good work guys!
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
andromeda Wrote:I'd like to add one more point - navigation through windows with keys. This isn't anything new but it would make your program more user-friendly. Just my two cents. And keep up the good work guys!

Thanks andromeda! Navigation with keys in all windows would be difficult... but I think about closing windows with an OK/SELECT button at least :-)

Best,

Maciej
09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Hello Mooncoder

great programm!!!But if possible then make that the weather can updatet by hotsync like Worldmate or Weather manager.but anyway it is a really gott app.

greetings

Peter
09-26-2007, 09:04 AM
barchetta Wrote:great programm!!!But if possible then make that the weather can updatet by hotsync like Worldmate or Weather manager.but anyway it is

Hmm... would it be useful? As far as I understand, it would be more useful for forecasts than for current weather? Like, for example, you want to read a forecast for some location, you hotsync and have the forecast in PrettyMap even though you have no internet connection on your Palm? How would it compare to reading the forecast directly on the PC?

Thanks!

Maciej
09-29-2007, 12:20 PM
my wish ?
slow Global turns (spherical relief mode)
09-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I know... imagine it is optimized as much as possible, and there are lots of complex computation involved. The problem of projecting a sphere is not so complex itself, but what is special in PrettyMap is that you have to deal with a huge range of scales -- from the whole planet to zooming-in to meters...

Of course, overlays like sun/night or vector layers or computing relief makes it even more complex.

One important thing: try a faster SD card or defragment files on your card. It can make a huge difference!
10-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Mooncoder Wrote:
barchetta Wrote:great programm!!!But if possible then make that the weather can updatet by hotsync like Worldmate or Weather manager.but anyway it is

Hmm... would it be useful? As far as I understand, it would be more useful for forecasts than for current weather? Like, for example, you want to read a forecast for some location, you hotsync and have the forecast in PrettyMap even though you have no internet connection on your Palm? How would it compare to reading the forecast directly on the PC?

Thanks!

Maciej

Yes, you are right, for forcast.The current weather is not so interresting beaucause I'm always not on other places then de actually wehre I am ;-)).When I syncornize my palm (it is Tungsten T3) then I have the forcast for 5 days.For example I choos the location on Pretty Map and then I see 5 symbols (between sunny an rain) for the next 5 days.Or only the actally weather for some locations.

regards Peter