editable vs. not editable vector maps
07-24-2008, 04:47 AM
editable vs. not editable vector maps
I just installed 5.2 and tried to create a user map nothing happens. I then tried to edit an existing vector map and was told it is not editable.
Do i have to create a map from scratch to get an editable map? any help appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2008, 04:54 AM
RE: editable vs. not editable vector maps
Sorry about the bug in 5.2 when creating a new user-editable point map. Use the most recent version that is now available.
07-24-2008, 05:55 AM
that did it!!!. WOW. but your faq says In PrettyMap, go to menu:Map/Edit user maps. there is no such entry. you have to load an existing layer and drill down to new user map. kludgey!! Just for laughs I'm used to Trimble and ESRI software and in terms of product per dollar you have the gold medal.
07-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Indeed, I modified GUI but forgot to update the FAQ Smile
Thanks for appreciating the value of PrettyMap!
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Ok It still would be nice to have a high level entry to map/edit! also under user/location/edit if you look at value or importance there is a button called "look up" which return Map Not Open - Open "null" to associate records. obscure yes? Is this implemented yet lastly can additional attributes be defined directly in PrettyMap or do I have to convert a .SHP file
08-02-2008, 08:52 AM
loublain Wrote:Ok It still would be nice to have a high level entry to map/edit!

Editing is one click away (the "layers" toolbar icon), and in 5.3 you will be able to open the layers window without having to open any vector maps.

loublain Wrote:also under user/location/edit if you look at value or importance there is a button called "look up" which return Map Not Open - Open "null" to associate records. obscure yes? Is this implemented yet

Indeed, this is in a beta version and this bug has been already fixed.

loublain Wrote:lastly can additional attributes be defined directly in PrettyMap or do I have to convert a .SHP file

You cant theoretically "build" a custom database in PrettyMap... but this feature is not anywhere in the GUI. So, as of now, you have to send us a list of attribute names and types (String/Float/Integer) and we will prepare an editable pmap for you.